Membership to the MCPA is open to all state, county, tribal, and local law enforcement employees. Any person employed by a private enterprise in a safety, loss, or crime prevention position is also eligible. Members of the MCPA strive to expand and improve crime prevention programs throughout Minnesota.
Member Benefits Include:
- Information and Resources – The MCPA has information on several prevention programs and can connect members with each other for support and advice.
- Crime Prevention Trading Cards – The MCPA provides members free crime prevention trading cards, featuring MN sports teams, for distribution in their community.
- Training Discounts – The MCPA offers discounts to members for sponsored training and our annual conference.
- Quarterly Newsletter – “Crime Bytes” is distributed to our members. It provides articles and tips that agencies can share with their community.
- Email Updates – MCPA members receive timely information on current trends, training, events and new resources.
- “Member Only” Website Access – Ready to publish articles, power point presentations, brochures and “hot topic” items are available on a variety of topics.
- Video Lending and Printed Resources – The MCPA provides a wide variety of crime prevention videos and printed resources at no cost through the BCA.
- POST Certified Training and Certification – The annual MCPA Fall Training Conference offers POST certified training for law enforcement which also meets the continuing education requirement for Certified Crime Prevention Specialists in Minnesota.
Want to Become a Member?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the MCPA:
Law Enforcement Individual Membership: State, county and local law enforcement personnel or agency appointed representative. Voting Membership with access to password protected areas of website and trainings. Cost is $50 for law enforcement individual membership, if paid prior to March 15, 2019. Membership is valid until December 31, 2019.
Business Membership: Any person(s), up to three, that is employed by a private enterprise in a safety/loss prevention/crime prevention position. Voting membership with access to password protected areas of the website and trainings. Contact us for current pricing.