Membership to the MCPA is open to all state, county, tribal, and local law enforcement employees. Any person employed by a private enterprise in a safety, loss, or crime prevention position is also eligible. Members of the MCPA strive to expand and improve crime prevention programs throughout Minnesota.
Member Benefits Include:
- Information and Resources – The MCPA has information on several prevention programs and can connect members with each other for support and advice.
- Crime Prevention Trading Cards – The MCPA provides members free crime prevention trading cards, featuring MN sports teams, for distribution in their community.
- Training Discounts – The MCPA offers discounts to members for sponsored training and our annual conference.
- Quarterly Newsletter – “Crime Bytes” is distributed to our members. It provides articles and tips that agencies can share with their community.
- Email Updates – MCPA members receive timely information on current trends, training, events and new resources.
- “Member Only” Website Access – Ready to publish articles, power point presentations, brochures and “hot topic” items are available on a variety of topics.
- Video Lending and Printed Resources – The MCPA provides a wide variety of crime prevention videos and printed resources at no cost through the BCA.
- POST Certified Training and Certification – The annual MCPA Fall Training Conference offers POST certified training for law enforcement which also meets the continuing education requirement for Certified Crime Prevention Specialists in Minnesota.
Want to Become a Member?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the MCPA:
Law Enforcement Individual Membership: State, county and local law enforcement personnel or agency appointed representative. Voting Membership with access to password protected areas of website and trainings. Cost is $50 for law enforcement individual membership if paid prior to March 15, 2020. Membership is valid until December 31, 2020.
Register and pay online below, or register by mail here
Business Membership: Any person(s), up to three, that is employed by a private enterprise in a safety/loss prevention/crime prevention position. Voting membership with access to password protected areas of the website and trainings. Contact us for current pricing.