Who We Are
The Minnesota Crime Prevention Association (MCPA) is a statewide, non-profit organization of citizens, law enforcement officers, and crime prevention practitioners who work together to promote, develop, and advance crime prevention programs. The mission of the MCPA is to provide leadership to empower community members in crime prevention efforts and to promote a safe, crime-free environment in Minnesota. MCPA and its members foster cooperation, encourage the exchange of information, provide leadership, and seek involvement from all segments of society to expand, improve and develop, and promote crime prevention programs throughout Minnesota.
MCPA was established in 1973 and is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors who strive to meet the needs of the membership. The MCPA Board of Directors is comprised of 5 to 15 people who are elected by the membership to serve one or two year terms. Elected positions include: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Sergeant-At-Arms and Board Members at Large. The MCPA Board meets on a monthly basis and meetings are open to all members.
Membership to the MCPA is open to all state, county, tribal, and local law enforcement employees. Any person employed by a private enterprise in a safety, loss, or crime prevention position is also eligible. Members of the MCPA strive to expand and improve crime prevention programs throughout Minnesota.
Member Benefits Include:
- Information and Resources – The MCPA has information on several prevention programs and can connect members with each other for support and advice.
- Crime Prevention Trading Cards – The MCPA provides members free crime prevention trading cards, featuring MN sports teams, for distribution in their community.
- Training Discounts – The MCPA offers discounts to members for sponsored training and our annual conference.
- Quarterly Newsletter – “Crime Bytes” is distributed to our members. It provides articles and tips that agencies can share with their community.
- Email Updates – MCPA members receive timely information on current trends, training, events and new resources.
- “Member Only” Website Access – Ready to publish articles, power point presentations, brochures and “hot topic” items are available on a variety of topics.
- Video Lending and Printed Resources – The MCPA provides a wide variety of crime prevention videos and printed resources at no cost through the BCA.
- POST Certified Training and Certification – The annual MCPA Fall Training Conference offers POST certified training for law enforcement which also meets the continuing education requirement for Certified Crime Prevention Specialists in Minnesota
Want to Become a Member?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the MCPA:
Law Enforcement Individual Membership: State, county and local law enforcement personnel or agency appointed representative. Voting Membership with access to password protected areas of website and trainings. Cost is $60 and is valid until December 31, 2017.
Business Membership: Any person(s), up to three, that is employed by a private enterprise in a safety/loss prevention/crime prevention position. Voting membership with access to password protected areas of the website and trainings. Contact email@example.com, our membership coordinator, for current pricing.
*** Please note… our website Member Resources is currently under construction. However, membership does allow you to save on trainings and the annual conference as indicated above, in addition to access to resources available through the crime prevention network of practitioners, while this important part of our website is updated. Please consider joining today!